Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sine Wave

click to see the photo in Flickr

It was about dusk on a beautiful football Saturday. My camera was set up for the motion blur shots of the game. My buddy pointed out a flight of Canadian geese over the treetops. I took a shot, but forgot I had the motion blur settings. When I realized my mistake, I figured I had another file for the bit bucket. When I got back home I noticed the sine wave made by wings of the geese. Even digital photography can be like a box of chocolates.
Nikon D70 & Nikkor 80-400mm at 135mm, 1/10s, f8, & ISO 200

1 comment:

Ian Thal said...

I had written a poem entitled "Sine Waves and Canadian Geese" some time ago and just today I'm finding that it is an observable phenomenon and not just a matter of free association.

http://ianthal.blogspot.com/2007/05/sine-waves-and-canadian-geese-at-boston.html